Baking Tuesday! – Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
I know Townie has something yummy posting today. Sometimes I wonder how I will keep up. I pulled out an old stand-by recipe from Ina Garten. I happened to be watching her TV show on Food Network several years ago and she made brownies. They sounded and looked delicious, so thanks to DVR, I kept rewinding the episode to make sure I got all the ingredients written down as she said them. This makes A LOT of brownies! They are short (about an inch tall), rich, fudgy deliciousness as they are made in a half sheet pan – basically a standard sized cookie sheet with a lip – rather than the standard 9×13 baking pan. They are a good thing to make when you want something sweet for yourself and want to give something away, like when a friend has a baby and you are taking dinner and dessert. 🙂
World’s most AWESOME brownies – Ina Garten; The Barefoot Contessa
- 1 lb butter
- 1 lb semi sweet choc
- 6oz bittersweet choc
- 6 extra lrg eggs
- 3T instant coffee
- 2T vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c sugar
- 1 1/4c flour
- 1t baking powder
- 1t salt
- 2c choc chips
- 3/4c peanut butter
- Prepared ½ sheet pan with butter and flour
Let’s Make it!
- Over double boiler, melt together first 3 ingredients, cool slightly.
- Whisk, not whip, eggs, coffee, vanilla, sugar.
- Sift together 1c flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add chocolate mixture and flour mixture to egg mixture.
- In another bowl, mix remaining flour and 2c choc chips together (this keeps the choc chips from sinking to the bottom of pan) and then add to batter.
- Pour batter into prepared ½ sheet pan.
- Dollop and swirl peanut butter into batter.
- Bake 15mins at 350F
- Tap pan to let out air and bake additional 15-20 minutes – at high altitude it takes even longer!