Grilled Sweet and Tangy Pork Chops – Bumpkin
I took out pork loin chops fairly late in the day. So, I knew I wasn’t going to be able to make a recipe that required marinating. I found this recipe, by The Neelys on foodnetwork.com. I made very few modifications to the original recipe.
Grilled Sweet and Tangy Pork Chops
adapted from The Neely’s on Food Network
- 4 (1 1/2-inch thick)pork loin chops
- Sweet and Tangy Glaze, recipe follows
- Seasonings, to taste (I used seasoning salt, pepper, cayenne and granulated onion)
Let’s make it!
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Season the pork chops lightly on both sides with the Seasonings. Remember, we aren’t rubbing the chops.
Grill the chops for 5 to 7 minutes per side. Brush them with the Sweet and Tangy Glaze the last 5 minutes of grilling. Internal temperature should register 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove the chops from the grill to a serving platter and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Sweet and Tangy Glaze:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tablespoon real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce (like Tabasco or I used Cholula with lime)
In a small bowl, mix together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and refrigerate if not using immediately.