Baking tuesday – Chocolate-Chip Coconut Banana Bread – townie
Baking tuesday really happened on Tuesday, but I didn’t get to post til today. Usually bananas go fast in our house, but for some reason this batch was sitting there going bad. This bread came out really good. Next time I would use more coconut and maybe sprinkle a bunch over the top before baking.
Don’t forget about my giveaway!
Chocolate-Chip Coconut Banana Bread
adapted from spoon fork bacon
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 medium (over-ripe) bananas
2 1/2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 chocolate chips
2/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together, into a mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mash bananas with milk. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of the bowl and add mix in eggs, one at a time.
4. Stir in the vanilla, followed by the banana mixture, until just combined.
5. Stir in flour mixture until just combined and fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
6. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan (or mini loaf pans) and add batter.
7. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread.
8. Allow bread to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before removing and allowing bread to cool completely. Slice and serve.