Baking Tuesday – Pecan Pie Cookies
Look at me…TWO posts in ONE day!! A new record has been set, friends!!! Really, this is my devoted attempt to get back on track! Since I baked, I am not finding any excuse to NOT post today, ON TUESDAY!! 🙂
I found this recipe, once again, on Pinterest. Be warned, I did my entire menu for the week from Pinterest recipes I wanted to try so, you are going to get your fair helping of it too! These were 1. easy, 2. I always have every ingredient in the house and 3. if you love pecan pie, you are going to love these!
Make them now!!
Pecan Pie Cookies
adapted from Yum Sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all cookie ingredients except flour and baking powder in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-1/4-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Make indentation in each cookie with thumb; rotate thumb to hollow out slightly.
- Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl; fill each cookie with 1 rounded tsp. filling.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.