Baking Tuesday – TWOfer Pumpkin
I have been AWFUL at blogging lately. I have so much on my plate that I just feel like ignoring everything sometimes. But, shame on me. You all want to see what’s cooking in my kitchen! So, for Baking Tuesday today, I am gonna give you a TWOfer…two pumpkin recipes in ONE post. Lucky dogs!!!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies (DIVINE!!!)
adapted from Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Let’s Make It!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, old fashioned oats, quick oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until well blended.
- Blend in the dry mixture until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and drop by the spoonful onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes until cookies are lightly brown at the edges and set in the middle. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes then remove and place on cooling racks to cool.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Rolo Pecan Pumpkin Bread
adapted from Taste of Home
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 20 Rolos candies, halved
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Let’s Make It!
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in candy and nuts.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).