Once again I had a zucchini from the csa to use up and a dessert to bake. This was pretty yummy although it was a bit dry for my liking. Doesn’t streusel usually have butter in it??
Streuseled Zucchini Bundt Cake
adapted from lifessimplemeasures
2 c. (about 1-1/2 medium zucchinis) shredded zucchini
8 oz sour cream
3/4 c. sugar
2 egg whites
1/3 c. oil
3 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. all purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
1/3 c. chopped walnuts
1/3 c. raisins
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 to 3 tsp. milk
Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat zucchini, sour cream, sugar, egg whites, egg, oil, and vanilla extract until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; gradually beat into zucchini mixture until blended.
For streusel, combine brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, and cinnamon; set aside.
grease a 10-inch bundt pan. Add a third of the zucchini batter to the pan. Sprinkle half of the streusel mixture over the batter. Top with another third of the batter and sprinkle with remaining streusel mixture. Top with remaining batter.
Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake.
ive made gooey cakes before – but i dont think they ever came out truly right.. this time this gooey butter cake came out right! more than right.. it’s DELICIOUS! its gone already! so good — go make it now 🙂
Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars
adapted from some kitchen stories
1 box of yellow cake mix (1 pound)
4 ounces of butter, melted
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with baking spray.
2. Make the base first: mix together cake mix, butter and 1 egg.
3. Pat into pan, create an even layer.
4. Make the ooey gooey layer: Cream together the cream cheese, 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla.
5. Pour gooey layer over cake layer, spread to edges.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until edges are golden brown, center should be a creamy yet solid consistency like cheesecake or heaven.
7. Cool completely in pan before cutting with a clean, dry knife.
when bumpkin told me she was posting a CAKE she baked for baking tuesdays i knew i’d have to take it up a notch…. she could be the next DUFF 🙂 i had some bananas that were screaming to be used up. when i searched through my banana recipes i debated between this one and one with browned butter frosting — the husband seemed to want something with chocolate so i went with this one! bananas and nutella??? it had to be a winner! this definitely doesn’t taste like a dense banana bread – but more like a banana cake as the recipe title states. i also halved the frosting recipe — i couldn’t stomache using 1.5 cups of nutella… YUM! is the verdict!
Banana Cake with Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting
adapted from culinary concoctions
½ cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 ¼ cup mashed ripe bananas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the sour cream, Lyle’s Golden syrup, and vanilla extract.
Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix into the batter on low speed. . Finally, mix in the mashed banana. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before frosting.
Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cups Nutella
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, Nutella, and butter until smooth.
Add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time and mix until smooth and creamy, you may end up needing less or more depending on how sweet you like your frosting or the consistency you want it at.
Beat in vanilla extract.
Frost cake when cool.
last week my mom came over with blueberries — no one really eats blueberries here — i thought maybe the husband would mix them up with his smoothies.. but alas he didnt! i found this recipe on pinterest.. if you havent been there yet – you should! i read the reviews and all were good! this recipe did not disappoint! it was delicious and moist and tasty.. YUM go make this!
Blueberry-Lemon Bundt Cake
recipe from martha stewart
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 teaspoon for blueberries and zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Nonstick cooking spray, for pan
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk 2 1/2 cups flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions of sour cream.
- In a bowl, toss blueberries and zest with remaining teaspoon flour; gently fold into batter. Coat a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan with cooking spray. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake cake on bottom rack of oven until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Invert onto a rack; cool completely, top side up. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving, if desired.
bumpkin has declared tuesdays baking day! after making a sopapilla cheesecake this weekend i was still craving something cinnamon… i had bookmarked this recipe a long time ago.. i had all the ingredients for it.. and it was a one bowl kind of recipe — YUM — it came out a little more cakey than i expected, but it was still delicious.
Buttery Cinnabun Cake
adapted from picky palate
3 Cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 Cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ Cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 Stick real butter, melted
2 sticks real butter, softened
1 Cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
2 Cups powdered sugar
5 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In an electric or stand mixer mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in melted butter. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nuts until well combined. Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
3. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.
4. Place powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!