This recipe came from pinterest but as i started making it I realized I had already made something similar. We both thought it was yummy with some ketchup!
white trash casserole
adapted from mrsbettierocker
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can cheddar cheese soup
A few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp granulated garlic
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown beef and onion together then drain. season with Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Mix in soup.
2. Spread beef mixture in bottom of a casserole dish. Put tater tots on top of beef mixture.
3. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until tater tots are golden brown.
Bumpkin has been pestering me the past two weeks about ground beef… Last week I made tacos with it, but we all know tacos…. I came across this recipe from pioneer woman and thought I would give it a whirl…. I’ve never had Salisbury steak before so I had no clue what to expect….. I Think it came out pretty good! The husband liked it. Said he’d only ever had bad Salisbury steak before. I served it with some mashed potatoes and sautéed swiss chard with garlic. Yum
Adapted from the pioneer woman
1-1/2 pound Lean Ground Beef
1/2 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons Dry Mustard
1 cube Beef Bouillon, Crumbed
4 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Ketchup
Salt And Pepper
1 whole Onion, Halved And Thinly Sliced
2 cups Beef Broth
4 dashes Worcestershire (additional)
1 Tablespoon Ketchup (additional)
1 teaspoon Corn Starch Mixed With A Little Beef Broth To Make A Thin Paste
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, For Frying
1 Tablespoon Butter, For Frying
Combine all the ingredients for the meat mixture and knead until all combined. Form into 4 to 6 oval patties, then make lines across the patties to give them a “steak” appearance.
Fry in a skillet with oil and butter over medium-high heat on both sides until no longer pink in the middle. Remove from the pan and pour off excess grease.
Reduce the heat to medium and add in the sliced onions. Stir and cook for several minutes, or until golden brown and somewhat soft. Add the beef stock, Worcestershire, and ketchup. Stir and cook to reduce.
Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of the cornstarch/broth mixture to give the gravy a little gloss and to thicken it up a bit.
Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and more broth if needed for thinning.
Return the steaks to the gravy. Spoon gravy over the top and let them simmer and heat back up for a couple of minutes.
bumpkin was making lasagna for dinner and asked if i had the fixings for it too — turns out i did… i don’t think i make it the traditional way – this is my own way of making it — usually its more saucy… i decided to try making it less saucy…. and i definitely like it more saucy 🙂
- ground beef
- spaghetti sauce
- no-boil lasagna noodles (barilla & ronzoni both make some)
- shredded mozzarella
- brown ground beef and drain.
- add in spaghetti sauce til its the consistency you like.
- season to taste
- pour some spaghetti sauce in the bottom of your pan to coat
- put down enough lasagne noodles to cover bottom
- spread ricotta over the noodles
- spoon meat sauce over everything
- put mozzarella over meat sauce
- repeat 5-8 til you get to the top
- put lasagne noodles to cover the top
- spread spaghetti sauce over noodles
- top with a ton of cheese
- bake at 350 for about an hour