ive made gooey cakes before – but i dont think they ever came out truly right.. this time this gooey butter cake came out right! more than right.. it’s DELICIOUS! its gone already! so good — go make it now 🙂
Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Bars
adapted from some kitchen stories
1 box of yellow cake mix (1 pound)
4 ounces of butter, melted
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with baking spray.
2. Make the base first: mix together cake mix, butter and 1 egg.
3. Pat into pan, create an even layer.
4. Make the ooey gooey layer: Cream together the cream cheese, 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla.
5. Pour gooey layer over cake layer, spread to edges.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until edges are golden brown, center should be a creamy yet solid consistency like cheesecake or heaven.
7. Cool completely in pan before cutting with a clean, dry knife.