i had taken out 2 packages of chicken yesterday then remembered that we didnt need leftovers – so i only used one package – leaving me with a package of chicken i HAD to use today! this chicken was YUMMY the kiddos gobbled it up and left one small piece for the husband… the kids ate it with a side of peas – the husband had some leftover pizza alongside his chicken 🙂 i’ll definitely make it again but use double the chicken!
Baked Chicken Parmesan
adapted from skinnytaste
- 1lb thin sliced chicken breast
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with spray.
Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Lightly spray a little more cooking oil on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
bumpkin was making lasagna for dinner and asked if i had the fixings for it too — turns out i did… i don’t think i make it the traditional way – this is my own way of making it — usually its more saucy… i decided to try making it less saucy…. and i definitely like it more saucy 🙂
- ground beef
- spaghetti sauce
- no-boil lasagna noodles (barilla & ronzoni both make some)
- shredded mozzarella
- brown ground beef and drain.
- add in spaghetti sauce til its the consistency you like.
- season to taste
- pour some spaghetti sauce in the bottom of your pan to coat
- put down enough lasagne noodles to cover bottom
- spread ricotta over the noodles
- spoon meat sauce over everything
- put mozzarella over meat sauce
- repeat 5-8 til you get to the top
- put lasagne noodles to cover the top
- spread spaghetti sauce over noodles
- top with a ton of cheese
- bake at 350 for about an hour